Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Kingdom Invades the Game!

*A group of young people regularly go to local area football games, looking for opportunities to demonstrate the power of the Gospel. This is an email we received from one of the young women on the team.


"Several of us were in a group...we walked around for a bit...talked to a few people and nothing happened. Now, when I say "nothing happened" I mean, we gave some people prophetic words, and they were totally right on. We prayed for them, etc. But nothing really "took off". :)


So, I had this thought, "I'm not leaving until either something happens, or I preach the gospel to all of these kids".


Sooo, I stood up on the stone wall and shouted "Hey guys! I have some awesome news! Jesus is King and the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!"


I then told them we were here to prove it, and asked em if they needed healing, etc. They didn't, but they had friends and family that needed healing . So we prayed for them---which kind if got the attention of some kids... Bottom line, an hour later we were still there---healing kids ankles, knees, and hands. We taught the kids that since Jesus healed them, they had authority over that particular thing now. And we encouraged them to heal their friends and themselves...which they did!!! And their friends got healed! It was awesome!!!"