Wednesday, March 17, 2010

6 Years of Deafness Destroyed!

*This testimony is from a young lady in our church that recently participated in an outreach to Lake Charles, Louisiana.

We went out in groups to a small community down the street from the church. After splitting up and thoroughly covering the little neighborhood I was waiting for everyone else to finish and decided to try one last house next to the community. I had two members of the church with me and the three of us walked up to this man standing in his driveway. We talked to him for a minute and told him that we had good news for him. I told him that Jesus is King and His kingdom is at hand and asked if we could pray for any needs he had. He then pointed to his hearing aids.

I had heard a soft buzzing noise when we first walked up that I had just ignored, but apparently his left hearing aid had been buzzing and it didn't even bother him. He said that he has had them for 6 years and can't hear clearly without them. I asked him if he would take them out and we would pray for him. The first time I prayed I asked if he could hear me and he said they were better! I said lets pray again and get 100% hearing back. Prayed again and a smile broke across his face. He said that he could hear everything! I asked if we could have his hearing aids and he said no. Not sure what he is going to do with used hearing aids, and doesn't need them anymore!

God rocks!