Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Miracles at Wal-Mart!

*This is from a gentleman from our church that decided to take the Kingdom with him "as he went"... shopping!

I hadn't seen too many miracles recently but then again the cold introvertedness was starting to come to an end in March. It was 3/30/2010 and Micah Usry was the guest speaker. He was a needed 'shot-in-the-arm' to make me want to go out again, leave my dormancy behind, and do what we were called to do. So afterward I go to Walmart (which seems to be place where Jesus favors and favors due to the many miracles that happen there). I don't see much of anything until my way out where I see a lady in a motorized buggy along with some guy. I strike up a conversation with them and she tells me she doesn't walk well due to the arthritis in her knee which she has had for around 7 years. I tell her of the goodness of Our Lord and she allows me to pray for her. She said she felt a little something inside of her so I asked her if she wanted to 'step out' and walk with me in the parking lot. (After all it is called the 'working of miracles'). She starts walking and after around 8 - 10 steps she tells me all of her pain & stiffness is gone. Praise God!!!

I'd also like to say I got my first cane this past Easter as well. I was fired up after another Northgate service and was going to a friends house for festivities. But I had to stop to go shopping (yes at Walmart but you knew that). So as I'm trained to do now (I'm half-joking, lol), I find some people with physical ailments and tell them I believe the Lord Jesus can heal them (I witness to healthy people as well in case anybody is asking themselves that btw). So I start praying over this elderly gentleman that had knee surgery. He feels a little better and again I start walking with him praying for him. As he is walking he is getting better - good enough to give me his cane as a testimony of his faith that he is healed. Go God!!!

His wife, I assume, then asks me to pray for the arthritis in her hand. She tries to make a closed fist to show me how bad she is but her fingers don't really move that much. So we pray, believing in the power of Jesus, and after a few minutes she can easily move each of her fingers much more than she could a few moments earlier as her stiffness was greatly reduced.

It was odd because their daughter never blinked an eye as she just kept shopping during the whole experience and other people were listening (as I don't try to get loud on purpose to draw attention but I do get excited so I do get loud at times) but never stopped to consider what was going on. Sometimes that is more amazing to me that at times when God moves nobody is paying attention - kinda sad.

Miracles at Wal-Mart! Come on Jesus!