Thursday, May 06, 2010

Skeptic Healed!

*This was submitted by a gentleman in our church

While in Denver for training my brother in law invited me to a home group that he hosts. He explained to me that they were going through a DVD series by John Bevere. This weeks topic, faith. As John shared I noticed the body language of a couple of the home group members and realized that what John was preaching was challenging for them to accept. He was preaching that God's word is true no matter what our experience may be.


As we discussed the preaching it became obvious that one woman in particular didn't believe that healing was always God's will. I'd like to say I handled the conversation gracefully but in the end it was obvious to all I was getting a little heated in my responses to her statements. My brother in law intervened with the time tested statement of "let's agree to disagree".


As he asked for prayer requests he asked the woman that I had argued with if her ear was still in pain and itching. She responded "yes". I asked how long her ear had been that way and she replied "for several years". I then asked if it was always in pain to which she replied "yes". I then asked the obvious question "would you mind if I prayed for your ear to be healed"? She said yes, I prayed for a minute or so commanding the pain and itching to go and for her ear to be restored.


I asked her if she noticed a difference in the pain and itching and with a puzzled look on her face she said both were gone!