Friday, July 17, 2009

10 Years of Pain Goes!

*This is from a young lady in our church that returned from an outreach with "trophies" of God's power.

"We were walking from this lady's house who didn't want us to pray for her so we went up this hill area. This little girl walks by and I say "Hey" as always and she goes "What are you guys doing here??" So we told her that we're church people who go around praying for people. I asked her if she knew anyone that was sick and she said "Yeah. Ms. Betty. She has diabetes." So she started walking towards the house without us having to ask. We follow and we reach the door that has a sign taped to it "If I don't answer a knock at my door, DON'T come knocking on the window. I need my rest"

After we knock, a girl opens the door and we see Betty. She's in the kitchen with her cane. We ask her if we can pray for her and she starts telling us all her problems...Diabetes, heart problems, triple bypass surgery, 2 heart attacks, and pain all in her body. It took a little bit, but she finally let us in. She begins to sit down and she's wincing as she's telling us how much in pain she is and how ALL the medicines she's taking are not working.

So I ask her for like the 10th time if we can pray for her. She lets us. We all pray for like 30 seconds to a minute, tops. Once we're done, Nate asks her to stand up and test it out. She stands up, without her cane, and immediately says "HALLELUJAH! PRAISE THE LORD I DON'T HAVE PAIN! I don't have pain!" Noie asks her to start walking around and she does while continuing to say "I don't have any pain! I'm healed! In the name of Jesus!"

Nate asks her if we can have her cane cause she won't need it anymore. She says "Sure, cause I'm healed. Thank you Lord!" She also gives us one she sometimes uses that's laying on the floor next to the couch. So after 15 minutes of her telling us how she's healed and how she's not lying to us and us rejoicing with her, she walks us to the door. She said that she hasn't been able to get to the door in she doesn't know how long. She was so stoked and it was awesome."

YEAH SON. Normal Thursday night.